Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Lovely Audrey Hepburn

Being that this is my first post, I could think of no better way to start my blog than by paying homage to the lovely Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey remains one of the greatest style icons, and not just for her sense of fashion, but also how she carried her self with ultimate grace. She was and still remains the pinnacle of class, sophistication, and the definition of chic.

As a little girl I would have much rather grown up to be Audrey Hepburn than a ballerina like so many girls in my third grade class, and while Breakfast at Tiffany’s is a great movie, nothing for me will ever top Roman Holiday:







So without further ado, here are some of my favorite pictures and quotes from the lovely Audrey Hepburn:



“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn

“For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart.” - Audrey Hepburn



Breakfast at Tiffany's:





Doing everyday things much more glamorously:



“I was born with an enormous need of affection and a terrible need to give.” - Audrey Hepburn


“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.” -Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment