Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Purples, Plums, Violets and Lilacs...

Whenever I want to wear color in the spring I find myself always reaching for purple. Purple is one of those colors where nearly every shade is wearable; rich plums and violets look rich and romantic while lavenders and lilacs look sweet and feminine. So here are some of my favorite purples this season.

Anna de Rijk & Sara Blomqvist by Jean-François Campos for L’Express Styles

Anais Pouliot for Vogue Nippon February 2011 by Daniel Jackson

Missy Rayder by Santiago Esteban for Elle Spain February 2011

Dior Spring 2011 Ad Campaign

Tanya Dziahileva by Koray Birand for Beymen Spring 2011 Campaign
Left: Versace Pleated Cotton Stretch Dress
Right: Delias Nadine Eyelet Dusty Violet Dress

D&G Lilac Floral Print Romantic Silk Dress

Isabel Marant Spring 2011 RTW 

Dannijo Ora Necklace

Issa Spring 2011 RTW Runway Emily Smith

Love the Green Jewelry against rich purple. Debra Messing- Instyle May 2010

Sasha Luss by Zhang Jingna for Elle Singapore December 2010

Megan Fox in Donna Karan at the Transformers 2 premiere- I love this color on her
The styling in these purple looks are incredible, from simple lines of gowns, to sweet and more detailed cuts for florals and eyelets. I love how even a dark shade of dark purple make you look colorful, and how purple doesn't require so many accessories.
Have a lovely spring day everyone

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post, darling!
    Purple is my favorite color!
    Especially loving that Issa gown!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple will forever be one of my favorite colors - I am so in love with this post. Gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete